This year’s PAC AGM is on June 13 via Teams at 6:15pm. We will be electing next year’s council and we are hoping to bring in some new volunteers to join our collaborative team!
All of the council positions need to be filled this year: president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, emergency preparedness rep, SPEAC rep, fundraiser, hot-lunch coordinator and some members at large. We meet virtually, once a month on the second Tuesday.
The positions that we are most in need of are treasurer, fundraiser and hot lunch coordinator. The treasurer does the council’s book-keeping, tracks spending and funds raised and collected, writes out payments, and reports to the council each month. The fundraiser schedules, coordinates and helps run the various fundraising events during the school year, along with other volunteers. Many of these events are repeats of ones that have been done in previous years, and there is a template to follow to organize those.
The hot-lunch coordinator organizes the twice-a-month lunch events, which have currently been split between Pizza Hut and Whitespot. This person will need to have or get their Serving it Right certificate, and be available on the hot lunch days (usually Fridays) to be at the school to help receive the food and distribute it to the classes.
For more information, contact the current PAC at email@example.com.
|Monday – June12th||
· Hot Lunch Options – baked cannelloni, mandarin orange OR chicken quesadilla + green salad + blueberry scones
· Field Trip – Langford Lanes (Sidhu, Verdel 9:00am to 11:30am
|Tuesday – June 13th||
· Popcorn and Smencils (smelly pencils) handed out today for those who ordered. This is a PAC fundraiser.
· Hot Lunch Options – chicken fajita wrap, banana bread OR perogies & sausage + ‘greek’ salad + fruit
· PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual) – elections will take place at this meeting; looking for new members please join the meeting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|Wednesday – June14th||
· Hot Lunch Options – chicken fingers & plum sauce, banana OR meatloaf + potato broccoli salad + morning glory muffin
· Field Trip – Carlow Park (van der Leeden) 10:00am to 1:30pm
|Thursday – June 15th||
· Hot Lunch Options – hard boiled egg, hummus & crackers, yogurt, red apple OR spring pea & ham pasta bake + raw veg & dip + rhubarb oat bar
· Field Trip – Swan Lake Nature House (Stephenson & Pinel) 9:15am to 1:00pm
|Friday – June 16th||
· Hot Lunch Options – roast beef and cheddar sandwich with lettuce, cookie OR veggie cottage pie + caesar +fruit
· Field Trip – Witty’s Lagoon (Hjermstad) 8:45am to 1:15pm
· Family Fun Night – PAC sponsored – 5:00 to 8:30pm (see poster for details.
19 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
21 National Indigenous Day
22 Rainbow Day – wear any bright colours
23 FUN Day at School – ice cream truck/sprinklers/dunk tank/bouncy castles
26 Grade 5 Year End Trip – Wild Play
27 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
28 Beach Day at Esquimalt Lagoon – all day
29 Final Summary Reports go home
29 Last Day of school for students!