|Monday – May 1st||
· Morning Meeting – 9:00am
· Hot Lunch Options – baked cannelloni, mandarin orange
|Tuesday – May 2nd||
· Popcorn and Smencils (smelly pencils) handed out today for those who ordered. This is a PAC fundraiser.
· Science Venture Workshops (Div 3 and Div 10)
· Hot Lunch Options – chicken fajita, banana bread
· Whole School Photo!
· Boys Soccer Game at Ruth King – after school on the field against Millstream.
|Wednesday – May 3rd||
· Hot Lunch Options – chicken finger & plum sauce and banana
· Cross Country Run – Juan de Fuca
|Thursday – May 4th||
· Hot Lunch Options – hard boiled egg, hummus & crackers, yoghurt, apple
· Grade 5 Young Entrepreneurs
· ArtsReach Theatre Workshop (Div 11 and Div 7)
|Friday – May 5th||
· Red Dress Walk to Savory (Div 3 and Div 6)
· Hot Lunch Options – roast beef and cheddar sandwich with iceberg lettuce, cookie
- If you are running late, please drop off your child at the front door and let the staff take them to class. Thank you for this.
- If your child is going to be away from school, picking up early for appointments, or late picking up, it is important to email your child’s teacher and Ms. Jodi our secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know directly. Also, if you plan to pick up your child early, please email the same people to let them know.
- Please send spare clothes for your child in case of an accident or other situation where they need to change their clothes.
- Please send inside shoes with your child if you have not done so already. This reduces the amount of cleaning our custodians have to do, therefore keeping our school cleaner.
- Please do not park in the staff parking lot or spaces on Matson Road when dropping off your children. There are very limited spaces and if you are parked in the spaces, the Ruth King staff will have no spaces to park.
- Please remind your child not to bring toys or other sports equipment from home to school unless it is requested by the classroom teacher. Electronics should also stay at home as well. Thank you for your continued help with this policy.
Popcorn & Smencils (2,9,16,23,30)
9 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
12 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
15 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
16/17 Soccer Jamboree
18 Earthquake Drill (Thurs – 11:00am)
22 Victoria Day – No School
24-27 Aboriginal Awareness Week
26 Pizza Day – PAC sponsored
27 Bottle Drive – RK staff parking lot
26 Family Fun Night – moved to June 16th
29 Pro D – Non-Instructional Day
30 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
31 NED Show – “Mindset Mission” – 1:15pm
Popcorn & Smencils (6,13)
1 Spring Concert – “Songs of the Season” – two shows 1:00pm and 6:15pm
2 Fire Drill (Fri 1:30pm)
2 District Elementary Track & Field Day
5 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
9 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
9 Kindergarten Orientation – AM
13 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
16 Family Fun Night – PAC sponsored
21 National Indigenous Day
19 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
23 FUN Day – ice cream truck/sprinklers/dunk tank
26 Grade 5 Year End Trip – Wild Play
27 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
28 Beach Day
29 Final Summary Reports go home
29 Last Day of school for students!