|Monday – April 24th||· Hot Lunch Options – tortellini marinara, mandarin orange OR pesto roasted chicken + roast potato/carrots +’greek salad’ +fruit|
|Tuesday – April 25th||
· Popcorn and Smencils (smelly pencils) handed out today for those who ordered. This is a PAC fundraiser.
· Hot Lunch Options – taco salad with chicken, banana bread OR meatloaf + pasta salad+oatmeal cookie
· Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
|Wednesday – April26th||
· Grade 4 – Fire Expo (Ms.Pinel’s class, Mr.Stephenson’s class, Mr. Moro’s Class)
· Hot Lunch Options – meatball sub and banana OR breakfast for lunch – baked french toast + sausage + fruit salad
· Western Day or dress as a Farm Animal Day – lets be creative.
|Thursday – April 27th||
· Hot Lunch Options – cucumber cream cheese bagel, red apple OR pork chili + cheddar scone+raw veg & dip+powerball
· Boys Soccer Game at Ruth King – after school on the field against Lakewood.
|Friday – April 28th||
· Hot Lunch Options – turkey and Swiss Cheese Wrap with cranberry mayo, rice krispie square OR bolognese/penne + caesar salad +banana bread
· Pizza Day for those who have ordered – PAC sponsored
· FREE FAMILY FOOD MARKET – 2:00pm in the undercover caged area by the blue playground. Please remember to bring your own bags.
- If you are running late, please drop off your child at the front door and let the staff take them to class.
- If your child is going to be away from school, picking up early for appointments, or late picking up, it is important to email your child’s teacher and Ms. Jodi our secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know directly.
- Please send spare clothes for your child in case of an accident or other situation where they need to change their clothes.
- Please send inside shoes with your child if you have not done so already. This reduces the amount of cleaning our custodians have to do, therefore keeping our school cleaner.
- Please do not park in the staff parking lot or spaces on Matson Road when dropping off your children. There are very limited spaces and if you are parked in the spaces, the Ruth King staff will have no spaces to park.
- Please remind your child not to bring toys (including Pokemon cards) or other sports equipment from home to school unless it is requested by the classroom teacher. Electronics should also stay at home as well. Thank you for your continued help with this policy.
Popcorn & Smencils (2,9,16,23,30)
1 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
2 Whole School Photo Day
2 Girls Soccer game @ Ruth King – game starts at 3pm
3 Cross Country Run – Juan de Fuca
9 Girls Soccer game @ Lakewood – game starts at 3pm
9 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
10 Boys Soccer game @ Sangster – game starts at 3pm
12 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
15 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
16/17 Soccer Jamboree
16 Girls Soccer Jamboree @ John Stubbs – game is from 3-5:30pm
17 Boys Soccer Jamboree @ John Stubbs – game is from 3-5:30pm
18 Earthquake Drill (Thurs – 11:00am)
22 Victoria Day – No School
24-27 Aboriginal Awareness Week
26 Pizza Day – PAC sponsored
27 Bottle Drive – RK staff parking lot
26 Family Fun Night – moved to June 16th
29 Pro D – Non-Instructional Day
30 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
31 NED Show – “Mindset Mission” – 1:15pm
Popcorn & Smencils (6,13)
1 Spring Concert – “Songs of the Season” – two shows 1:00pm and 6:15pm
2 Fire Drill (Fri 1:30pm)
2 District Elementary Track & Field Day
5 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
9 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
9 Kindergarten Orientation – AM
13 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
16 Family Fun Night – PAC sponsored
21 National Indigenous Day
19 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
23 FUN Day – ice cream truck/sprinklers/dunk tank
26 Grade 5 Year End Trip – Wild Play
27 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
28 Beach Day
29 Final Summary Reports go home
29 Last Day of school for students!