|Monday – March 6th||
· Hot Lunch – Baked Cannelloni, mandarin orange
· Division 6 – Ms. Sidhu – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – roasted pesto chicken + potatoes + pasta salad + banana
· Drumming – Gramma Clifton Gym closed for these classes) 12:50 – Mr.Moro; 1:20 – Mr.Stephenson; 1:50 – Mrs. Denton
|Tuesday – March 7th||
· Hot Lunch – chicken fajita wrap, banana bread
· Division7 – Ms.Denton – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – beef barley soup + cheddar scones + green salad + fruit
· Popcorn and Smencils (smelly pencils) handed out today for those who ordered. This is a PAC fundraiser.
|Wednesday – March 8th||
· Hot Lunch – Chicken Fingers & plum sauce, banana
· Division 8 – Ms. Verdel – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – veggie cottage pie + tomato/basil salad + carrot cake
· Drumming – Gramma Clifton (Strong Start Room) 12:50 – Ms.VDL; 1:20 – Ms.Pinel; 1:50 – Ms.Behm
|Thursday – March 9th||
· Elder Earl will be at Ruth King today to tell stories and enjoy traditional tea with some classes.
· Hot Lunch – hard-boiled egg, hummus & crackers, yogurt, apple
· Division 9 – Ms. Chan -Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – perogies, sausage + raw veg & dip + muffin
· Hold & Secure Drill today
|Friday – March 10th||
· Hot lunch – roast beef & cheddar sandwich with iceberg lettuce, cookie
· Division 10 – Ms. Behm – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – vegetable lasagna + Caesar salad + fruit
· Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
· Spring Dance in the gym – 5:30 to 7:30pm “Tropical Treasures Pirate Theme” – feel free to dress up.
· Bottle Drive on Saturday morning – 9:00am to 12:00pm in the Ruth King Staff Parking Lot
SPRING DANCE on Friday, March 10th – 5:30 to 7:30pm “Tropical Treasure Pirate Theme”
Please do not park in the staff parking lot or spaces on Matson Road when dropping off your children. There are very limited spaces and if you are parked in the spaces, the Ruth King staff will have no spaces to park. This is happening more and more. I am working with the district to fix this problem but as of yet, no solutions have happened.
Popcorn & Smencils (14)
7 Boys Basketball game @ Happy Valley – game starts at 3pm
8 Girls Basketball game @ David Cameron – game starts at 3pm
9 Boys Basketball game @ Wishart – game starts at 3pm
13 to 17 Second Term Reports will be sent out
13 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
14 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
14 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
17 St. Patrick’s Day – wear green today
17 Last day before Spring Vacation
18 – April 2nd Spring Vacation Break
Popcorn & Smencils (11,18,25)
3 Schools Reopen After Spring Vac.
3 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
7 Good Friday – no school
10 Easter Monday – no school
11 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
14 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
17 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
19 Fire Drill (Tues 1:40pm)
20 Early Dismissal @ 11:23
21 Pro D – Non-Instructional Day
22 Earth Day
25 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
28 Pizza Day – PAC sponsored
- If you are running late, please drop off your child at the front door and let the staff take them to class.
- Please send spare clothes for your child in case of an accident or other situation where they need to change their clothes.
- Please send inside shoes with your child if you have not done so already. This reduces the amount of cleaning our custodians have to do, therefore keeping our school cleaner.
- Please remember to keep your children home if they are not feeling well. We have had to send several students home who have come to school sick. We are trying to keep everyone safe. Please follow these guidelines as COVID is still happening.
- Please remind your child not to bring toys (including Pokemon cards) or other sports equipment from home to school unless it is requested by the classroom teacher. Electronics should also stay at home as well. Thank you for your continued help with this policy.
- If your child is going to be away from school, it is important to email your child’s teacher to let them know directly. Also, if you plan to pick up your child early, please email their teacher to let them know and call the office.