|Monday – Feb. 27th||
· Monday Morning Assembly – 8:50am
· Hot Lunch – Penne Bolognaise, mandarin orange
· Minister of Finance visit to Ruth King
· Division 2 & 11 – Ms. MacDonald and Ms. McLachlan – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – meatloaf + potato salad + fruit
|Tuesday – Feb. 28th||
· Hot Lunch – Taco Salad with chicken, banana bread
· Division 1 – Ms.vander Leeden – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – cheese quesadillas + raw veg & hummus + granola bar
· Popcorn and Smencils (smelly pencils) handed out today for those who ordered. This is a PAC fundraiser.
· Girls Basketball game at Ruth King 2:30pm against Crystal View – Grade 4 and 5’s
· Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
|Wednesday – Mar.1st||
· Hot Lunch – Meatball Sub, banana
· Division 3 – Mr. Stephensen – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – shepherds pie + kale,carrot,feta salad + blueberry muffin
|Thursday – Mar.2nd||
· Hot Lunch – Cucumber cream cheese bagel, red apple
· Division 4 – Mrs. Pinel -Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – mild veggie curry & rice + tossed salad + power balls
· Grade 5 Student & Family Night at Spencer Middle School – 6:00pm Isabelle Readers Theatre
|Friday – Mar.3rd||
· Hot lunch – turkey and swiss cheese wrap with cranberry mayo, rice krispie square
· Division 5 – Mr. Moro – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – bolognese/penne + caesar + fruit
· 1:00pm in the gym – ArtsStarts Presentation -Axis Theatre Company’s Frog Belly Rat Bone
· FAMILY FOOD MARKET – 2:10PM – in the caged covered area by the blue playground
- If you are running late, please drop off your child at the front door and let the staff take them to class. It really disturbs the teachers lessons if you are coming into the school to drop off your child late. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please send spare clothes for your child in case of an accident or other situation where they need to change their clothes.
- Please send inside shoes with your child if you have not done so already. This reduces the amount of cleaning our custodians have to do, therefore keeping our school cleaner.
- Please do not park in the staff parking lot or spaces on Matson Road when dropping off your children. There are very limited spaces and if you are parked in the spaces, the Ruth King staff will have no spaces to park.
- Please remember to keep your children home if they are not feeling well. We have had to send several students home who have come to school sick. We are trying to keep everyone safe. Please follow these guidelines as COVID is still happening.
- Please remind your child not to bring toys (including Pokemon cards) or other sports equipment from home to school unless it is requested by the classroom teacher. Electronics should also stay at home as well. Thank you for your continued help with this policy.
- If your child is going to be away from school, it is important to email your child’s teacher to let them know directly. Also, if you plan to pick up your child early, please email their teacher to let them know.
Mr. Cohen is working in our school as an ELL teacher and has been here for one year. Before he came to our school, Mr. Cohen was at Millstream and Crystal View Elementary. He enjoys working at Ruth King and as an ELL teacher, his very favorite part of Ruth King is working with children like us, who came from different parts of the world. Mr. Cohen helps the students with English and different aspect of the Canadian culture. When Mr. Cohen is not at school, he likes to spend time with his amazing family or play the guitar. His favorite book is “All The Pretty Horses”, a cowboy story.
El Sr. Cohen está trabajando en nuestra escuela como maestro de ELL y ha estado aquí durante un año. Su último trabajo fue en Millstream y Crystal View. Muy buena escuela. También como ELL. Su parte favorita de Ruth King es trabajar con niños como yo. son de diferentes países, ayudarlos en inglés y enseñarles cosas diferentes y respeten su cultura, lo que le gusta hacer cuando no está en la escuela es pasar tiempo con su increíble familia o tocar la guitarra. Su libro favorito es ‘’Todos los caballos bonitos’’ una storia de vaqueros.
Written in English and Spanish by Cosette and Isabella (Grade 5)
Popcorn & Smencils (7,14)
9 Hold & Secure Drill (Thurs 2:00pm)
10 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
10 Spring Dance in the gym – PAC sponsored
11Bottle Drive – 9:00am to 12:00pm
13 to 17 Second Term Reports will be sent out
13 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
14 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
14 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
17 St. Patrick’s Day – wear green today
17 Last day before Spring Vacation
18 – April 2nd Spring Vacation Break
Popcorn & Smencils (11,18,25)
3 Schools Reopen After Spring Vac.
3 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
7 Good Friday – no school
10 Easter Monday – no school
11 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
14 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
17 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
19 Fire Drill (Tues 1:40pm)
20 Early Dismissal @ 11:23
21 Pro D – Non-Instructional Day
22 Earth Day
25 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
28 Pizza Day – PAC sponsored