|Monday – Feb. 6th||· No School – School Planning Day rescheduled from September|
|Tuesday – Feb.7th||
· Lunch Program – taco salad with chicken, banana bread
· Division 6 – Ms. Sidhu – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – Meat loaf + Potato Salad + Strawberry oat bar
· Popcorn and Smencils (smelly pencils) handed out today for those who ordered. This is a PAC fundraiser.
|Wednesday – Feb. 8th||
· Lunch Program – meatball sub, banana
· Division 7 – Mrs. Denton – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – perogies + sausage, raw veggies and dip + blueberry muffin
· Girls Basketball game at Savory Elementary – game starts at 3pm
|Thursday – Feb. 9th||
· Lunch Program – cucumber cream cheese bagel, red apple
· Division 8 – Ms. Verdel -Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – chicken quesadillas + corn and bean salad + banana bread
· Boys basketball game at Ruth King Elementary – game starts at 3pm
|Friday – Feb. 10th||
· Whitespot Lunch Fundraiser for the PAC (Parent Advisory Council)
· Lunch Program – turkey and swiss cheese wrap with cranberry mayo, rice krispie square
· Division 9 – Ms. Chan – Setting the Table Pilot Lunch – vegetarian chili + scone +creamy coleslaw + fruit
Popcorn & Smencils (14,21,28) – PAC fundraiser
8 Girls Basketball game @ Savory Elementary 3:00pm
9 Boys Basketball game @ Ruth King 3:00pm
13 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym) – whole school assembly
14 Valentine’s Day Celebrations – (Red, Pink,Hearts,Peace)
15 Girls Basketball game @ Ruth King 3:00pm
15 100th day of School
16 Fire Drill (Thurs 10:40am)
16 Boys Basketball game @ Ruth King 3:00pm
17 Non-Instructional Day – No School
20 Family Day – No School
22 PINK Shirt Day – anti-bullying
22 Boys Basketball game @ Ruth King 3:00pm
23 Girls Basketball game @ Happy Valley Elementary 3:00pm
24 Pizza Day – PAC sponsored
27 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym) – whole school assembly
28 Girls Basketball game @ Ruth King Elementary 3:00pm
28 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
Popcorn & Smencils (7,14)
1 PVP Leadership Meeting 2:00-5:00pm
6 – 10th Report Cards due to office
7 Boys Basketball game @ Happy Valley Elementary 3:00pm
8 Girls Basketball game @ David Cameron Elementary 3:00pm
9 Hold & Secure Drill (Thurs 2:00pm)
9 Boys Basketball game @ Wishart Elementary 3:00pm
10 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
11 Bottle Drive – 9:00am to 12:00pm
13 to 17 Second Term Reports will be sent out
13 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
13 PVP Elementary Meeting 1:00-3:30pm
14 Staff Meeting 2:30pm
14 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
14 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
15 H & S Meeting 3:00pm
16 Fire Drill (Wed 1:30pm)
17 St. Patrick’s Day
17 Last day before Spring Vacation
20 – 31 Spring Vacation Break
Ms. Jessica is an EA (Education Assistant) at Ruth King Elementary School and has worked here for 10 years now. Before coming to Ruth King, she worked at Willway Elementary. Her favourite parts of Ruth King are the kids and staff, because they are all so polite and friendly. When she is not working, she likes to go camping, garden, and paint old furniture to look new (instead of sending them to the dump), and to spend time with family. Ms. Jessica enjoys reading to her kids and her favourite book is Wonder.
Written by Lucy (Grade 5)
- If you are running late, please drop off your child at the front door and let the staff take them to class. It really disturbs the teachers lessons if you are coming into the school to drop off your child late. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please send spare clothes for your child in case of an accident or other situation where they need to change their clothes.
- Please send inside shoes with your child if you have not done so already. This reduces the amount of cleaning our custodians have to do, therefore keeping our school cleaner.
- Please do not park in the staff parking lot or spaces on Matson Road when dropping off your children. There are very limited spaces and if you are parked in the spaces, the Ruth King staff will have no spaces to park.
- Please remember to keep your children home if they are not feeling well. We have had to send several students home who have come to school sick. We are trying to keep everyone safe. Please follow these guidelines as COVID is still happening.
- Please remind your child not to bring toys (including Pokemon cards) or other sports equipment from home to school unless it is requested by the classroom teacher. Electronics should also stay at home as well. Thank you for your continued help with this policy.
- If your child is going to be away from school, it is important to email your child’s teacher to let them know directly. Also, if you plan to pick up your child early, please email their teacher to let them know.