- Congratulations to our Track Team on Friday!! Well done Ruth King athletes! Thank you to the PAC members who organized the hot lunches and their delivery to the students at the Track Meet. Shout out to your coaches as well – Ms. van der Leeden, Ms. Pinel and Mr. Stephenson!
- 18 more school days until Summer Break!
- Grade 2 and 3 students please wear dark clothing tomorrow for your “Glowstick Dance Party” with Ms. Spencer and Mr. G in the gym.
- Please remember to do the “Daily Health Check” with your child and keep them home if your child is sick or displaying any symptoms. Covid is still going around and we have had to send many children home sick…
- Staff parking is an issue for us when parents are parked in the designated stalls on Matson Road. Please refrain from parking in these stalls when dropping off your child. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.
- Please refrain from riding bikes, scooters, and skateboards on the playground.
- Please remember not to bring dogs onto the Ruth King grounds as it is a dog free zone. Thank you.
|Monday – June 6th||
· Lunch Program – Macaroni and Cheese, Red delicious apple and Fruit juice
· Grade 2 and 3’s please wear dark clothing for your “Glowstick Dance Party” in the gym with Ms. Spencer and Mr. G. This event will start at 10:45am.
|Tuesday – June 7th||
· Lunch Program – Chicken Caesar Wrap Rice, krispie square, Fruit Juice
· Popcorn and Smencils will be handed out if you ordered it for your child (PAC fundraiser)
· Field Trip – Div 1 & 2 Walking to Bowling – 9:30am to 1:30pm
|Wednesday – June 8th||
· Lunch Program – Chicken Burrito with salsa, banana, fruit juice
· Please wear Orange T-shirts in recognition of the Anniversary of the 215 children found at the Kamloop’s Residential School.
· Field Trip – All Kindergarten Students – Walking to Carlow Park – 9:00am to 11:30pm
|Thursday – June 9th||
· Lunch Program – Open faced pizza bagel, pear, fruit juice
· Backpack Buddies will be handed out for those who have requested one.
· Field Trip – Div 3 & 4 Walking to Bowling – 9:30am to 1:30pm
· Field Trip – Div 7 & 8 Swimming @ Juan de Fuca – 10:40am to 2:00pm
|Friday – June 10th||
· Choir Practise at 7:30am
· Lunch Program – Chicken nuggets with honey mustard sauce; Mandarin Orange, and Fruit Juice
· Field Trip – Div 1 & 4 Walking to Langford Lake – 9:30am to 2:00pm
Events Coming Up:
14 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
13 Monday Morning Meeting
16 Rainbow Day – wear rainbow colours
17 Pizza Day (PAC sponsored) – this event is cancelled and may be replaced by something else.
21 National Indigenous Day
22 Beach Day – Esquimalt Lagoon
23 Wild Play – grade 5 field trip
24 FUN Day – ice cream truck (PAC)/sprinklers on the field and bouncy obstacle courses.
27 Grade 5 Celebration – Nature Playground
28 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
29 Final Summary Reports go home
29 Last Day of school for students!