Happy Halloween Everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic evening if you celebrate this event. I have attached our “Week at a Glance” for your reference.
There are 8 divisions going on a Cultural field trip this Tuesday. Please make sure you have signed the permission forms and returned them to your child’s teacher. (Division 1,2,4,5,9,10,11&12)
Attendance is really important at school. Unless your child is ill, please make every effort to have your child attend regularly. Every day they miss, puts their learning in jeopardy. If you need support in this area, please reach out and let me know.
PAC Bottle Drive on Sunday November 7th from 9:00am to 12:00pm in the Ruth King parking lot.
Ruth King Elementary School November 1st to November 5th, 2021
|Monday – Nov 1st||
· Lunch Program – Macaroni and Cheese, Red Delicious Apple and Fruit Juice
· Monday Morning Meeting (Assembly) 9:00am
|Tuesday – Nov 2nd||
· Lunch Program – Chicken Caesar Wrap, Rice Krispie square and Fruit Juice
· Popcorn will be handed out if you ordered it for your child (PAC fundraiser)
· Cultural Field Trip for Divisions 1,2,4,5,9,10,11 & 12 to Goldstream today.
|Wednesday – Nov 3rd||· Lunch Program – 3 Cheese Perogies with Sour Cream, Banana and Fruit Juice|
|Thursday – Nov 4th||
· Lunch Program – Open Faced Pizza Bagel, Pear and Fruit Juice
· Backpack Buddies will be handed out for those that requested one.
|Friday – Nov 5th||
· Lunch Program – Corn and Black Bean Beef Chili with Sweet Cornbread, Mandarin Orange and Fruit Juice
· White Spot Lunch for those who ordered through the PAC
- Please refrain from sending Halloween candy and/or junk food to school. Please keep the treats for home. The sugar can really affect some students and their ability to focus on their school work.
- As the weather is getting colder and wetter, please make sure your child has a change of clothes in their back pack at all times.
- Please label your child’s hoodies and jackets as these are the majority of the items in the LOST & FOUND.
- Please remember to do the Daily Health Check with your child and keep them home if your child is sick. This is still so important and we all really appreciate your support in keeping everyone healthy.
Coming Up in November:
7 Bottle Drive – organized by PAC (note: date change)
9 PAC Meeting – 6:30pm (Library)
10 Remembrance Day Assembly 10:45am
11 Remembrance Day – No School
15 Assembly – Monday Morning Meeting
15-19 Scholastic Book Fair – Library
17 Twin Day (note: date change)
18 Early Dismissal @ 11:23am
Parent/Teacher Conferences – teachers may opt to make different arrangements for dates and times
19 Pro D – Non-Instructional Day
26 Pizza Day – PAC lunch
29 Assembly – Monday Morning Meeting
30 Board Meeting – 7:00pm