Dear Parents/Guardians, September 13, 2020
Happy Sunday Everyone! Thank you all for an amazing first day back to school. It seems to have gone fairly well and most of the children were happy to be back. It was definitely overwhelming for a few students but that is to be expected after such a long time out of school. So many things have changed during this global pandemic.
Before School Program (hours 7:30 to 8:30am)
This program usually includes breakfast and has been a drop in program. This year we will be asking you to register for the program as we need to keep track of numbers and who is in the program for contact tracing. We will have a form to fill out when you arrive on Monday morning, September 14th. We will not be serving breakfast this week as we are still trying to figure out the processes for serving food.
Kim Basso and Ramona Melanson are the new Before School Program Coordinators.
Lunch Program (hours 11:55am to 12:10pm)
This program has usually been a hot lunch program but this year it will be a bagged type of lunch. The program is not starting in the first week as we need to put some processes in place at the district level and Truffles, the company that makes the food, is in the process of changing their health & safety protocols and figuring out new menus. Information will be coming this week, along with forms to fill out indicating if your child will be taking part. We anticipate that the bagged lunch program will start on Monday September 21st.
Karen MacKay is the Lunch Program Coordinator.
The school grounds will be open for students and staff only during the hours of 8:30am and 2:23pm. Parents, when you are dropping off and picking up your child, please make sure you are socially distancing and wearing a mask if you are interacting with others. Thank you in advance.
Daily Health Checks and Other Consents
Please fill out the Parent Consent Forms online before coming to school on Monday, September 14th. This is a requirement for your child to attend school. Here is the link below and a list of all consents that you must complete. https://consent.sd62.bc.ca/apps/OnlineConsent
- Aboriginal Education
- ***Daily Student Health Check Agreement ***
- FreshGrade Consent
- General Consent for School Fieldtrips/Activities
- Google Apps for Education Consent
- Internet Access Consent
- Media Consent
- Online Learning Platforms Consent
- School Cash Online Consent (used for lunch program and fundraising etc.)
School Supplies and Food
Please note that whatever your child brings to school they will also be taking home with them. This is our new pack in and pack out policy.
- Please send your child to school with a full, spill/leak-proof water bottle they can have at their table or desk.
- Please send a pair of inside shoesfor school. Intermediate students included. Let’s try to keep our new gym floor sparling and our hallways and learning environment clean.
- Please keep a change of clothesin a labelled ziplock in your child’s backpack. The ziplock will remain in your child’s backpack until it is needed.
- Please send all school supplies on Monday. Supply lists can be found on the Ruth King Website (http://ruthking.sd62.bc.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/23/2020/06/Grade-2.pdf)
- LABEL everything please… this includes jackets, clothing, lunch kits, school supplies etc. So many things go to the Thrift Stores every year because we do not know who belong to the items in our “Lost & Found.”
IF you are Late for School
If your child arrives late for school, all our outside doors are locked at this time. You must bring them to the front doors. There will be an adult at the front door from 8:30 to 9:00am. If you are later than this, you will have to call the office to have someone let your child in the front door. The office number is 250-478-8368. It will be posted on the front door. This includes the portables because Naomi, our secretary, will have to mark your child as late rather than absent. Thank you for your attention to this new policy.
PAC Meeting – Tuesday, September 15th
Topic: Ruth King PAC’s Zoom Meeting
Time: Sep 15, 2020 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting