Welcome Back! I am happy to finally be sending this email as I am sure you have all been patiently waiting to hear from me as to what is happening with the Return to School at Ruth King.
Option #1: In-Class Students
Thursday, September 10th will be your child’s first day of school and we are so excited to see everyone again and meet our new students. This day will be our Health & Safety Orientation to go over all of our new procedures due to Covid-19. All students who have opted for the in-class instruction are invited to attend for 1 hour and 15 minutes. We are staggering the day so that we do not have everyone here at the same time for the orientation.
Here is the schedule for Thursday, September 10th
- Session #1 – 8:30am to 9:45am – attend if your child’s last name starts with A to K
- Session #2 – 10:30am to 11:45am – attend if your child’s last name starts with L to Z
Tuesday, September 14th
All in-class students will attend from 8:30am to 2:23pm
NOTE: Kindergarten Student Gradual Entry Schedule will be sent in a separate email.
Option #2: Gradual Return/ Remote Learning Students
We are working on plans for these students and anticipate that this learning will start around September 21st. Students choosing remote learning will be with a different teacher on-line and may come back to in-class instruction during the natural breaks (ie. Christmas, Spring Break) within the school year or in consultation with the Principal.
IMPORTANT: Return to School Survey
We have not heard from 75 families on the survey as to what your plans are. At this point, please email me with your child’s full name and choice so that we can plan accordingly. The three choices are:
- In-class instruction
- Gradual return to in-class instruction/ Remote Learning
- Homeschool (which means you will be removed from the Ruth King School registration)
Procedure for drop off and pick up of students at Ruth King:
- All students should be dropped off on Matson Road and then walk across the field.
- Look for the Division # which is painted on the pavement followed by a line up of painted white hearts. (Teachers will be emailing you on Tuesday, September 8thto let you know which division your child is in and who their teacher will be.)
- Parents are asked not to enter our building at this time.You may be on the field as long as you are social distancing from other people. We are lucky to have such a large field.
- If you are late for school, please come to the front door.An adult will be there until 9:00am to let you in as the door will remain locked throughout the day. If you arrive later than 9:00am, please call the school office at 250-478-8368 and we will let you in.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me.