TERRY FOX RUN: THURSDAY, SEPT. 26th, 2019
Please join us for our school Terry Fox Run. If you would like to volunteer, please let me know.
Things to remember:
- It is super hero day, so wear a cape or costume if you have one.
- Send a labeled water bottle with your child so they can drink during the 30 minute run/walk.
- Make a donation for cancer research. If $600 is raised, Ms.Ives and Ms.Walker will wear Sumo Wrestling outfits and wrestle it out at a Morning Assembly. If $800 is raised, Ms.McLaren shave her head on October 2nd. Donation deadline is October 2nd, 2019.
- This week our school is proud to take part in this year’s Terry Fox Run for cancer research. Terry never gave up – and neither will we. We hope you will support us by donating at: http://www.terryfox.ca/RuthKingElementary
- Students with sheets filled with 5 donations will be automatically entered into a draw to win a bike.Click here to download a pledge sheet and copy.
The day of the run:
11:55 – students will have hotdogs delivered to the classrooms along with fruit/veggies and a drink. Lunch is sponsored by the Ruth King PAC.
12:10 – play time outside
12:35 – bell to come inside
12:40 – attendance taken by the teacher and then brought down to the gym in your color teams.
12:45 – short talk about Terry and a video. Running/walking routes will be described as well as safety precautions while participating.
12:55 – Mr. Stephenson will do a “Health Hustle” warm up with everyone.
1:15 – running begins, led by your team color captains. Running will be approx. 30 minutes with music playing outside. See route below.
1:45 – water and oranges will be served either in the gym or outside depending on the weather.
2:00 – meet back in the gym for closing remarks.
ROUTE for All Students:
- head out of the gym doors and across the field
- run along the inside of the fence on Matson Road – spotter **volunteer
- take a right and run along the fence by the apartment building – spotter on the corner**volunteer
- take a right turn and run along fence on Jacklin Road – spotter on the corner**volunteer
- run past the playground equipment and along the back of the school.- spotter here**volunteer
- take a left turn past the intermediate playground area and run along the inside of the fence on Jacklin and Goldstream – spotter on each corner**volunteer
- run along the inside of the fence on Matson Road REPEAT