Welcome to the 2019/2020 school year at Ruth King Elementary School! We are looking forward to another exciting year filled with learning and adventure. My first year here at Ruth King Elementary School was a great learning experience for me. The staff, students and families were all very welcoming. I am looking forward to another successful year and I am hopeful that your children will learn and thrive along with their peers.
Reminders for Parents:
– Students will be returning to their teachers/classrooms from last year. Please let your child know this and check the bulletin board in the front foyer. If your child’s teacher is no longer here, go to their old classroom and someone will direct them to the correct place.
– New students: please report to the office and we will direct you to the library where Mr. Dranchuk will help you find your classroom and temporary teacher for the first few days.
– There will be an EARLY DISSMISSAL at 11:23am on Tuesday, September 3rd
– Final Classroom placements should be announced hopefully by Friday, September 6th at the latest.
– LUNCH PROGRAM begins on Monday, September 9th
– AFTER SCHOOL CARE starts on Monday, September 9th
– BEFORE SCHOOL CARE starts on Tuesday, September 3rd
– Kindergarten students start on Friday, September 6th with a gradual entry throughout the next week.
– Please bring school supplies on Friday, September 6th once your child knows who their new teacher will be.
I would like to point out that the school day has changed slightly from last year. Here is the bell schedule which we will be following:
- First Bell 8:25am and classes begin at 8:30am
- Last Bell 2:23pm and classes are dismissed
- Recess is from 10:20am to 10:35am***
- Lunch is from 11:55pm to 12:40pm (bell rings at 12:35pm to line up)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at the school.
Ms. Vicki Ives
Ruth King Elementary School
Office Ph #250-478-8368