|Monday – May 8th||
· Hot Lunch Options – penne bolonaise, mandarin orange OR pesto roasted chicken breast & roasted potatoes & green salad
· ArtStarts Presentation – RupLoops’ Magnetic North – 1:00pm
|Tuesday – May 9th||
· Popcorn and Smencils (smelly pencils) handed out today for those who ordered. This is a PAC fundraiser.
· Hot Lunch Options – egg salad bunwich, banana bread OR cauliflower mac & cheese, raw veggies & hummus, fruit
· Girls Soccer Game at Lakewood after school.
· PAC Mtg – 6:15pm through Zoom (Please join in if you are interested)
|Wednesday – May 10th||
· Hot Lunch Options – butter chicken & rice and banana OR pulled pork chili & potato salad & banana bread
· Boys Soccer Game at Sangster after school.
|Thursday – May 11th||· Hot Lunch Options – blueberry muffin, yogurt, red apple OR tomato soup with crackers, pasta salad and fruit|
|Friday – May 12th||
· Hot Lunch Options – smoked meat and cheese sandwich, nutrigrain bar OR shepard’s pie, Caesar salad, oatmeal cookie
· Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
· FREE FAMILY FOOD MARKET – 2:00pm in the undercover caged area by the blue playground. Please remember to bring your own bags.
Popcorn & Smencils (16,23,30)
15 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
16/17 Soccer Jamboree
18 Earthquake Drill (Thurs – 11:00am)
22 Victoria Day – No School
24-27 Aboriginal Awareness Week
26 Pizza Day – PAC sponsored
27 Bottle Drive – RK staff parking lot
26 Family Fun Night – moved to June 16th
29 Pro D – Non-Instructional Day
30 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
31 NED Show – “Mindset Mission” – 1:15pm
Popcorn & Smencils (6,13)
1 Spring Concert – “Songs of the Season” – two shows 1:00pm and 6:15pm
2 Fire Drill (Fri 1:30pm)
2 District Elementary Track & Field Day
5 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
9 Whitespot Lunch – PAC sponsored
9 Kindergarten Orientation – AM
13 PAC Meeting – 6:15pm (virtual)
16 Family Fun Night – PAC sponsored
21 National Indigenous Day
19 Morning Meeting 9:00am (gym)
23 FUN Day – ice cream truck/sprinklers/dunk tank
26 Grade 5 Year End Trip – Wild Play
27 Public Board Meeting – 7:00pm
28 Beach Day
29 Final Summary Reports go home
29 Last Day of school for students!
- If you are running late, please drop off your child at the front door and let the staff take them to class.
- If your child is going to be away from school, picking up early for appointments, or late picking up, it is important to email your child’s teacher and Ms. Jodi our secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know directly. Also, if you plan to pick up your child early, please email the same people to let them know.
- Please send spare clothes for your child in case of an accident or other situation where they need to change their clothes.
- Please send inside shoes with your child if you have not done so already. This reduces the amount of cleaning our custodians have to do, therefore keeping our school cleaner.
- Please do not park in the staff parking lot or spaces on Matson Road when dropping off your children. There are very limited spaces and if you are parked in the spaces, the Ruth King staff will have no spaces to park.
- Please remember to keep your children home if they are not feeling well. We have had to send several students home who have come to school sick. We are trying to keep everyone safe. Please follow these guidelines as COVID is still happening.
- Please remind your child not to bring toys (including Pokemon cards) or other sports equipment from home to school unless it is requested by the classroom teacher. Electronics should also stay at home as well. Thank you for your continued help with this policy.